My husband LOVES Spinach and Artichoke Dip. It’s his go-to appetizer choice when nothing else is appealing to him, and he has eaten it in at least a dozen places that I’ve seen. When I saw a pin for Spinach and Artichoke Chicken on Pinterest, it was calling Joe’s name, and I knew I would have to try it.
A few notable changes, I personally don’t like huge pieces of chicken. I don’t typically eat an entire chicken breast nor does Pickle, so I typically cut them into halves or thirds depending on the size. I also wanted more “dip” to chicken than I thought the original recipe would yield so I used three enormous breasts, sliced into thirds. I also used canned spinach instead of frozen as that is what I had on hand, and Monterey and Colby cheese instead of mozzarella as a personal preference.
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into halves
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts in Water, drained
- 1 can chopped Spinach, drained and excess water pressed out
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. Sour Cream
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded Colby & Monterrey Jack blend
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put chicken into a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Be sure to pull artichoke hearts into pieces when adding them.
- Top chicken with the Spinach and Artichoke dip.
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
- Let sit for approximately 5-10 minutes before serving.