When I go to the grocery store, it seems every time I am buying a bag of baby carrots – not really surprising since we all love them, and I pack them in most lunches. But carrots are a great side dish! All they need is a little bit of seasoning, and they can pair well with almost anything. There are many different options that I’m going to show you to turn boring carrots into something delicious, but these Spiced Roasted Carrots are my favorite.
The preparation of these is so simple! I love this recipe because it doesn’t use sugar – which seems to be the go to for many of the recipes that I have seen.
Mix your oil and seasonings together and then toss your carrots in to coat.
Then dump them out onto a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until they have reached your desired level of “doneness”. I like mine to have a little bit of a bite left – we’ll call it the al dente of carrots.
Yum! It was all I could do not to just eat all of these right off the tray!
- 4 cups carrots, baby or cut into piece
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp tumeric
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine olive oil and all the spices into a bowl and wisk together.
- Toss carrots in the oil mixture and pour onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until carrots reach your preferred level of doneness.