Pecan Pie Bites
Fall is my favorite season and I look forward to pulling the sweaters and boots back out every year. I love the flavors that seem to be pervasive in the foods we eat – the spices, the pumpkin, and especially pecans. I know pecans aren’t just a fall food – but something about them just screams fall to me. And pecan pie. Oh my goodness, how I love pecan pie! But, I’m so picky! I typically don’t like store bought or commercially prepared pecan pie because it’s too sweet for me, but I usually am a one slice and done kind of girl -so what the heck am I going to do with an entire pie? (And we don’t need the hubby’s insulin pump to explode) These Pecan Pie Bites are the PERFECT substitute. They are sweet but not overly sweet, and just the right size to give you the pecan pie fix.
I decide to work on this recipe after a day of thinking about pecan pie. I decided to take the fast an easy approach, and broke my favorite pecan pie recipe down to make 5 cupcake sized mini pies.
In keeping with the “fast” approach, I wanted to skip making a pie crust, so I opted to use half of a can of crescent roll dough instead – this turned out to be an awesome idea.
Start by putting your dough into your cups. I opted to use silicone baking cups, but you could also use 4 oz ramekins or a regular muffin pan. You don’t have to spend a lot of time making this look fancy, the edges are going to get nice and puffed up anyway.
Put your pecans and butter in a bowl and microwave until the butter is melted. Try to resist the urge to gobble these up when the smell of pecans and butter combines to create the most delicious smelling combination ever.
Fill your cups about halfway with the pecans.
In a small bowl, combine your egg, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt.
Spoon the liquid into your cups until almost full.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until firm. I cooked mine in the toaster oven while dinner was finishing up in the oven.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 tsp butter
- half a can of crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking cups with crescent dough.
- Microwave butter and pecans until butter is melted - approximately 1 minute.
- Fill the baking cups halfway with the pecans.
- Mix together egg, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Spoon this over the pecans until almost full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 mins or until firm and dough is golden brown.
- Lovely Pies - Memories By The Mile - […] Pies by Sleep Tight: Great-Grandma’s Butterscotch Pie by Memories by the Mile:…
- On Display Thursday #21 Linky Party | Eat It & Say Yum - […] Pecan Pie Bites from Pickle Bee. Perfect for Thanksgiving and […]
- Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party - Week 174 | Six Sisters' Stuff - […] Pecan Pie Bites from The Pickle Bee […]
- 20 Delicious Pie Dishes for Dessert - […] Pecan Pie Bites from The Pickle Bee […]
- Midweek Reads #30 - Goedeker's Home Life - […] Pecan Pie Bites - these little pies are great for those who don't want their dessert overly sweet […]