I like pork chops. Everyone in the house likes them, they are typically fast to cook, and relatively inexpensive. However, I always look for new recipes to try and add a different spin to them, so that it adds variety to our dinners.
I see a lot of recipes on Pinterest for pork chops, especially crock pot recipes. While I am a fan of the crock pot, I don’t like cooking everything in it. I like my food to crispy at times, which is the exact opposite of what the crock pot gives you. I stumbles across this pin, and thought it sounded like a winner. Parmesan cheese… really, anything involving cheese… and I’m there. The original pin came from the Lil’ Luna website, and the original recipe can be found here which was inspired by a post on Julie’s Eats & Treats here.
I adapted the original recipe to suit the ingredients that I had on hand, with minimal changes.
- 4 Bone- In Pork Chops
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or Parmesan blend)
- 3 tbsp Plain Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Olive Oil
- Combine cheese, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic, paprika, and pepper.
- Coat each pork chop with dry ingredients.
- Heat oil in skillet and sear chops in the skillet until each side is golden brown.
- Cook in 300 degree oven until done. Time will depend on pork chop thickness.