Write a review
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 16 oz white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup cheese - swiss or mozzarella
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 can refrigerated croissant dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slowly cook onions in 1 tbsp olive oil on low heat until beginning to caramelize then add mushrooms and butter, salt, and pepper.
- Cook slowly over medium heat until mushrooms have cooked through approximately 20 minutes.
- Add wine and thyme.
- Cook until liquid has reduced.
- Mix in cheese.
- Roll croissant dough out into a large rectangle on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread mushroom and cheese mixture over the dough.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Allow to cool and slice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.