Delicious, fudgey and moist, these Cheesecake Marbled Brownies are a perfect treat for your family or a potluck!
When it comes to snacks and junk food, my favorites have always leaned on the salty and savory side. I have never met a cheese and cracker that I didn’t like. However, sometimes that sweet tooth takes over and you just want something delicious and decadent.
I have shared multiple times that baking is not really my strong suit, and I have really tried to broaden my cooking skills to not be afraid to bake. It’s mostly all the measuring… with some desserts you have to be so precise… and I am so not! But, brownies… that I can handle.
Brownies are so easy, and making them from scratch takes only minimal effort from what you’d expend whipping up a boxed brownie mix. I like to use a big Pyrex measuring bowl and mix everything right in it.
I melt the butter and chocolate chips right in the Pyrex bowl and then add in the other ingredients. No point in messing up another bowl!
I use a small bowl to mix up the cream cheese mixture, and then once the brownie batter is in the pan I use a fork to swirl in the cream cheese mixture. There’s no real technique that’s best here. I usually just swirl a fork back and forth until it looks like it does in the picture.
But once they are baked… oh my. These are so delicious, y’all. I took them in to work and they were a huge hit. Truthfully, I didn’t want to share them (they were that good!) but eating an entire pan of brownies is never a good idea.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips. Start with 1 minute and increase by 15 seconds until melted. Stir well.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 (or equivalent) pan.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter and swirl into the batter using a fork.
- Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. This time depends on the pan you used and how your oven cooks.
- Let your eyes (and knife!) be your guide for these! Start looking at them every 5-8 minutes after 35 until they reach your desired level of doneness.