One of my grandmother’s signature side dishes is Baked Pineapple. I cannot remember a big family dinner where she didn’t make it. It’s a deliciously indulgent, sweet, and crunchy topped side dish of amazingness. If you like pineapple, you’ll love it. It is a perfect side dish for pork, and really anything. I have even topped it with some ice cream for dessert.
The original recipe called for 1 1/2 sticks of butter!!! Holy heart attack batman! I find that 1/2 stick is plenty. It also calls for 1/2 cup of sugar, which I cut back to 1/4 (our dentist thanks me).
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 slices of bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine eggs, pineapple, sugar, and flour in baking dish.
- Melt butter in separate bowl.
- Tear bread into pieces and mix into the melted butter until just coated.
- Top the pineapple mixture with the bread pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.