Looking for an easy to make, but delicious appetizer or bite for your next party? Look no further! These Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are sure to be a hit!
Life can go by in a flash, especially with our hectic work/school/activity schedules, and sometimes we find ourselves desperately needing a lazy day at home. In our family, a lazy day is usually spent catching up on TV, reluctantly caving in to playing Monopoly with Pickle (I hate Monopoly… it’s the longest game EVER), and having good ole family time. My favorite thing about these days is making a few yummy things that I can just throw out and we nibble on while we watch a movie or just hang out together.
These stuffed mushrooms… well, nobody nibbles on them. These babies get DEVOURED! And really… how could they not? Ooey, gooey cheese plus bacon? Surefire winners in my book.
Even better – they are simple to make! You could even make them ahead and bake them when you’re ready – perfect for a party or for game day snacks!
For this recipe, I buy large button mushrooms for maximum “stuffability”. Yes, that’s an Erin word. Clean them well, tear out the stems, and put them on paper towels to dry.
I mix all my ingredients together, adding the bacon last. You want to make sure your cheese is throughly mixed with all the seasonings, and you don’t want your bacon to get mangled to bits. So once the cheese is nice and mixed, gently fold in your bacon.
I like to use a muffin pan for this – as then I don’t have to worry about the mushrooms sliding around a baking pan, and the mushrooms fit perfectly in each hole. This came about after I spun around from the oven once with such force that a mushroom went flying off the pan and onto the floor… but not everyone is as clumsy as I am. Still, I recommend the muffin pan.
Once your mushrooms are stuffed, simply bake them until the cheese is nice and melty and golden. This can vary a bit depending on how much you’ve stuffed into each mushroom, and for me using the stuffing example above, this takes about 20 minutes. There will be some mushroomy liquid in the bottom of each muffin cup and that’s a good sign your mushrooms have cooked through.
How delicious do these beauties look?? I can’t wait to make another batch… maybe just for myself next time!
- 9 large button mushrooms (more if mushrooms are small)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms throughly and remove stems. Allow to dry on paper towels.
- Stir together remaining ingredients, minus the bacon.
- When all the ingredients are thoroughly combined, gently fold in the crumbled bacon.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a spoonful of the cheese mixture and place on a baking sheet (or muffin pan).
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted.