In general, I am a coleslaw hater. My appreciation of coleslaw seems to very situational, and there have been times when I really liked it (usually on a sandwich of some sort) but in general… no.
However, this is a slaw that I love. It’s sweet and tangy, very light on the mayo, and full of flavor.
First, I make the dressing.
Mix your mayonnaise and mustard.
Add your apple cider vinegar.
Add the seasoning and sugar.
Now, get all your veggies and apple chopped and sliced. I like to thinly slice my cabbage because I don’t like huge pieces, but I dislike it all chopped up.
Mix all your veggies and apple together in a bowl.
Add the dressing, and let this chill in the fridge until it’s cold.
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced into strips
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Course ground mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix cabbage, apple, carrot, and celery in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the slaw and fold to coat all the vegetables and apples in the dressing.